Rebuilt in a neo-Gothic style in 1894 according to the project by architect Francesco Azzurri over the remains of the pre-existing Magna Domus Communis, it was remodelled in 1996 by architect Gae Aulenti. It is the States most representative building since it is the seat of the Captains Regent, the Great and General Council and the Government of the Republic and also hosts the most important civic celebrations.
Changing of the Guard:
The Guardia di Rocca is on duty at the Public Palace where the Changing of the Guard is carried out. The uniform worn by the Guardia di Rocca is very attractive, with dark-green double-breasted jacket with white and red braiding, red trousers with green band, headgear (kepì) with red pon-pon and white gaiters.
The Changing of the Guard is carried during summer
T. + 378 (0549) 882708