Useful information about COVID-19
Decree-Law no 85 - May 2021
UPDATE - The new decree 85 is in force until May 31st.
Can I come to San Marino from Italy?
At the moment it is possible from all so-called yellow regions. From the orange and red areas it is not possible except for necessity and work (with self-certification).
Is self-certification necessary?
From the yellow zones it is not necessary.
Are museums, restaurants, shops and hotels open?
Museums are open, as are restaurants and shops. There are no time restrictions (but those on returning to Italy are still valid).
It is possible to stay in San Marino hotels. Book here
Can I come to San Marino from abroad?
For those who come from countries other than Italy and the Vatican City, or who have stayed outside these two countries in the previous 14 days, entry is allowed upon presentation:
- of a a specific certificate of anti-SARS-CoV-2 vaccination or possession of antibodies against SARS-CoV-2 carried out after 1 April, or a certificate of successful recovery from SARS-CoV-2 within the previous 6 months. This certificate can be both in paper form and in electronic format;
- of a special certificate certifying the negativity to the coronavirus, by subjecting it to a molecular swab no later than 48 hours before entry and in any case in accordance with the health protocols in force in the Republic of San Marino.
What restrictions are in force?
- prohibition of gatherings
- Obligation to wear a mask indoors and outdoors, except these cases:
- you are alone or together with your group of partners;
- the exemption from using the mask is expressly provided.
- children under the age of six;
- subjects with forms of disability not compatible with the continuous use of the mask and subjects who interact with the aforementioned;
- vaccinated subjects if they are outdoors.
Information for tourists and frontier workers
Interforce Operations Centre
T +378 (0549) 888888
T +378 (0549) 994001 (open everyday from 8.00 to 18.00)
Information for assistance to San Marino citizens in the phases of return from risk areas and departure towards risk areas
Department of Foreign Affairs
T +378 (0549) 882337